Wednesday, October 13, 2010

CVS and Coupons

So .... I'm trying to use coupons more and take advantage of the every store's deals. My daddy has used coupons for as long as I can remember, and I remember laughing at him about it. But 2 little girls, a mortgage, and many bills later, I understand the need. CVS is one of my favorite stores to do this at. They are normally alot higher than Walmart on most everything, but you really can get good deals when you buy off their weekly ad and take advantage of coupons and extra bucks. They usually either have Pampers or Huggies on sale (which their sale price is Walmart and Target's regular price), but you can usually use extra bucks combined with manufactured coupons or $3 off $15/$4 off $20 coupons to make it a pretty good deal. I made 3 transactions this week and got this for $31.84. It may not look like alot but these are high dollar items to me :). I added it up and it would right at $50.00 at Walmart.

64 oz Tide
8 pack Bounty Paper Towels
16 pack Charmin toilet paper
2 Packs of Pampers Diapers
Colgate Toothpaste
120 ct. Bounce Dryer Sheets
Dawn Dishwashing Liquid

I'm going to hit up Winn Dixie and Publix next. The problem is finding the time to do this.



2 comments:

Amy said...

I want to start using coupons too! We don't get the paper so I need to sign up for that first. Do you get coupons from places other than the newspaper? And what do you mean by extra bucks? I'm not very familiar with CVS - I usually go to Walgreens. Any tips?

The Boyer's said...

CVS is good if you have a baby. In their weekly ad (that comes in the Sunday paper), it lists what items you will receive extra bucks on. You can use these on your next purchase, which I just do like 3 transactions when I go because they are always nice about it. We just get the Sunday paper. Publix and Target have their own coupons you can print off the website and you can use those plus a manufacturer's coupon if you have one. Southernsavers.com is a good website to go to. We had a coupon class at work that gave us alot of hints.