One of the blogs I visit daily is Kelly's Korner. Her blog is awesome. I came across it while reading a prayer request for a sick baby. She does alot of prayer requests for pregnancies, babies, etc., but she also talks about normal everyday happenings in her life. She has a really big following.
Today she asked for people to share weight loss tips. This is all I think about lately. It is truly sickening to me to see a picture of myself. I'll just come out with all the facts. I weigh 25 pounds more than I did when I went to my first OB appointment when I was pregnant with Jamie (February 2007). 25 pounds! And at the point, I was about 5 pounds more than I was when we first moved back to South Carolina (March 2006). In all honesty, I haven't really tried to do much about it. But what bugs me is that in the past (pre-babies), I didn't have try really hard to lose weight. I somewhat gained weight during college and right after. When we got married in June 2002, we moved to South Carolina. I don't know what triggered it (probably crying and being depressed from leaving home), but I lost alot of weight then. I got down to about 115. I still ate McDonalds and stuff, still ate what I wanted to when we went out to eat. I didn't really have to try that hard. I pretty much maintained that weight for 4 years.
You hear people say "just wait until you have babies." I use to hate to hear people tell me that, but I guess it's true. I gained about 35 pounds with Jamie. I lost 20 of it and then when we started trying for Belle (when Jamie was 1 year old), I started not caring again and pretty much ate what I wanted. I gained about 40 pounds with Belle, and I only actually weigh about 7 or 8 pounds more than I did when I first got pregnant with her, but I was pretty big when I got pregnant with her.
We are doing a weight loss contest at work, and I joined weightwatchers.com. Some days I go over my points, but at least I am writing down everything I put into my mouth. I am going to try really hard to do something about this. I drink alot of Cokes and sweet tea. I haven't had a real Coke in a few days (been trying Diet Coke which isn't as good!).
I lost 2 pounds on my weigh-in this weekend at work. I think it was because of all the walking we did in Las Vegas! We will see how it goes!
Park City Utah
4 years ago





2 comments:
You can do it Kim!!! I know how hard it is to lose weight after a baby! I'm still trying to lose mine...I gained A LOT of weight with Hadley. I think writing down what I eat every day will really help me. My 10 year reunion is in TWO months, so I've been working out & really trying hard to loose the rest of it. This is hard! Good luck to you too! I look forward to hearing updates on your weight loss!!
Post a Comment